Yesterday I came across Times Now's Amazing Indian Awards. To see so many people working so earnestly towards issues close to their Heart is so heartwarming. Their work is something that really does matter. Something that is affecting lives, changing people, making a difference. Instead of just sitting in a cubicle, typing away things you know nothing about into the computer, while trying to convince yourself that your work is substantial. No its not. Maybe the money that it brings is, but your work Is not. It does not matter if its u or some one else is typing into it.
When we are kids, we have a million different dreams of what we want to be, each one decided by our happiness, and our interest during that particular time alone. I for one wanted to be a Social Worker, a Doctor, an Astronaut, a Politician, a Farmer, a Traveler, Psychiatrist, be a part of the government. Some other times I've just wanted to help people around me, be a mentor, a teacher and go to villages and help making their lives better. That's one distinct dream that I remember I had. Back then I knew what I want to do, I knew where my happiness lies. Unfortunately for now, we are so hung up about its scope, the money it brings, the pressure involved, the time that it takes to be successful. No wonder a Job is Work.
What would you do if money was no object? What would I do if I didn't have to worry about money? Well, for starters, I think I'd first realise my dream of owning a farm, raising food and leading a sustainable life. Then I'd go travelling to different places and record my travels. Savour their food in every corner of the world. Meet new people, learn about different new things. I would be part of the government, helping in actual materialisation of its various different projects and initiatives. I would sponsor and mentor children towards a better life. I would learn to ride horses. Go swimming in the sea. I would grow trees all around my house and tie hammocks on them. I would go to the top of a cliff, alone, and sit there, staring out. That's what I would do.
Don't see why you aren't doing all of it already.
ReplyDeleteYou know what makes you happy. Carpe Diem!