Friday, January 25, 2013

Shake a leg baby!

I'm surrounded by kids at my place. In total, cousins and their children excluded, I have right now 4 in-house kids, with two more on their way. And how I love it! The pure joy of playing with them all together. Playing their games, running behind them, tickling them, throwing them up in the air, annoying their mums by teaching them silly habits, having meaningful conversations with them, conversations ranging from their friends, to my friends, to cricket, even about our dear god. How I love that!
And you know what I love the most? I love dancing with them. Like nothing else. Put me in a room with my nieces and nephews, with music, lock me away! I dance my heart out. Normally when I'm dancing, I'm worried about whether my step is right, worried if its looking awkward, wondering if it really is as graceful as it seems to me. But here, the more I get my steps wrong, the more they enjoy :-D So what's to worry about, they don't care how close your steps are to the ones they see on tv. No they don't. Make it slapstick, they jump with joy! Miss a step and fall down, they roll on the floor laughing! Dance with your limbs pointing towards all possible directions, and see them try that earnestly! And then falling on the floor laughing together. I'm no expert when it comes to dance at all, but this, to me is the best form, best style, best genre, best troupe of dancing. This is dancing in its truest form, its truest purpose. Dancing For Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment