Thursday, November 22, 2012

Life is neither fair nor does it run on any logic.

Or should I say Death. Nothing spells STOP like death. One day you're here, next day no more. I lost my Cousin. My handsome beautiful cousin. He left from his tuitions to grab some lunch and he never came back. A truck hit their car. Safwan, I cannot bring myself to believe that I'm not gonna see you anymore. Not going to listen to your voice, hear u say 'So What' every time that we pull your leg. I can't believe I'm here at your place, and that we're not going to have a conversation, go roaming like we always did. I can't accept that. I haven't even cried enough bcz I can't believe its true. My heart cringed after seeing u at the mortuary, I believed then, but now, not any more. All I can picture is your smiling face. Your voice. You as you were..
Why does this happen? He would've had so many plans. So many dreams. So many wishes. He wanted to be a doctor. His room was scattered with all his books which he probably thought to come back and resume studying that evening. He had small notes stuck all over his room so that he can remember important points in his exam, his contact lenses were lying there, so were his clothes. His school pictures. Everything.
Its just not fair. He din even get a chance at anything. I'm really confused about what our lives are about at the end. What is the purpose of it? Why do some people die like this? Why did he not get a chance at anything at all. Its so not fair.
I wonder where you are Safwan. I wonder what was going through your mind when you realized you were dying. Did you realise you were breathing your last? Did you think it was unfair too? Safwan do you see how much we grieve for you? Do you see how much we miss you? Do you see how your father, who is so strong of a person breaks down every night thinking about you? How your mum gets reminded of your every little small detail of yours every other minute and starts crying again? How she is refusing to eat what was your favourite dish because she just can't stand looking at it? Please come back Safwan. Somehow, just come back. I so wish all this was a bad dream. That I'd wake up back at my place, and call you up and talk to you. Make a trip to here so that we can all go roaming like we did. Just come back..

No comments:

Post a Comment