I graduated in 2011. Worked for a year, and now basically at home. Although the intention with which I quit was to prepare for my higher studies. Which clearly is not happening! Lemme tell you how my work was. It was nothing. There was nothing to do! We had two months of training, following which we were on bench for almost three months. Then into a project which had no work. Sort of lucky to get paid for no work, isn't it? But everything has its flipside. It imbibed into me so much of laziness and inactivity, it totally caught me unawares. While I must have been using my free time to study and realise my dreams, studying certainly din't happen. In fact even today, I wonder what the hell did I do with my time those days?! I totally can't recall what I did with my time! Unbelievable!
One things is for sure, that I did nothing. How is it possible that you could do nothing at all for such a long time and not realise it. I guess that's because life was a song. Go to office, sit at your cube(and I had a single cube at that), and browse. That's all I recall doing. But I can't recall something good coming out of it. Except of course earning some money. Well that spoiled me a wee bit, and now I'm finding it so so difficult to get myself to do even the teeniest bit of work. Be it waking up early in the morning, getting myself to sit and study or even work on my body. Not surprisingly I put on a lot lot lot of weight in the meantime.
Now what boggles me even more, is that not only have I become lazy, I have been unconcerned about these things. I do realise how it affects my life, how it has changed me for the bad, and I do realise how I ought to be workin my head off to compensate for all the bad it did me. But, I have never done anything towards it. Not one thing! If anything, I have put on more weight, become even more lazy, and as close as my exams are approaching, I don't see myself sitting down with my books.
Now what's the solution? I have been ranting about this process of rediscovering myself. I see myself bringing up that phrase so often that now I've begun wondering if its something that I have been hiding under. Well.. I don't know. I don't know what it is. What I do know is that it's time to stop giving all reasons, and excuses and get to work. And soon. Every moment lost is going to count. And considering the amount of time that I have lost, I better get started soon. The numbers definitely are Huuuuge!
One things is for sure, that I did nothing. How is it possible that you could do nothing at all for such a long time and not realise it. I guess that's because life was a song. Go to office, sit at your cube(and I had a single cube at that), and browse. That's all I recall doing. But I can't recall something good coming out of it. Except of course earning some money. Well that spoiled me a wee bit, and now I'm finding it so so difficult to get myself to do even the teeniest bit of work. Be it waking up early in the morning, getting myself to sit and study or even work on my body. Not surprisingly I put on a lot lot lot of weight in the meantime.
Now what boggles me even more, is that not only have I become lazy, I have been unconcerned about these things. I do realise how it affects my life, how it has changed me for the bad, and I do realise how I ought to be workin my head off to compensate for all the bad it did me. But, I have never done anything towards it. Not one thing! If anything, I have put on more weight, become even more lazy, and as close as my exams are approaching, I don't see myself sitting down with my books.
Now what's the solution? I have been ranting about this process of rediscovering myself. I see myself bringing up that phrase so often that now I've begun wondering if its something that I have been hiding under. Well.. I don't know. I don't know what it is. What I do know is that it's time to stop giving all reasons, and excuses and get to work. And soon. Every moment lost is going to count. And considering the amount of time that I have lost, I better get started soon. The numbers definitely are Huuuuge!
No comments:
Post a Comment