When the trailers for The Great Gatsby were out, I was excited to watch the movie and parallelly the thought that no movie could be as good as the book itself ran in my mind. I did not take serious efforts to watch that movie though.
The book, I remember, had a great effect on me. Some of the quotes were so extraordinary that they have stuck with me years after I have finished reading the book. The opening line which says, "Remember, not everyone has had the advantage that you have had" has helped me in many a occasions and has kind of shaped a huge part of me single-handedly. I always get back to that quote. Even what he says about how even Daisy cannot quench what a man can store up in his ghostly heart, the quote on the green light at her dock, many such were really impressive for me, and it made my list as one of my most favourite books. And we are all very possessive about our books, especially when someone has set out to make a movie of it. Take for example Harry Potter series, when I look back now, the movies aren't half as bad as I had criticized it when they were out. Of course yes, there are still some parts that you are unhappy with, but honestly, you do tend to get over critical about the movies. At least I do, especially about the ones adapted from my favourite books. I still prefer books over movies, preferring to read the book before I watch the movie as much as I can.
This movie, got me hooked right from the beginning. It was the direction I think. The director has really made a wonderful movie, brimming with imagination. The characterization is also exceptional. Leonardo DiCaprio fit the role perfectly, I couldn't have asked for a better Gatsby, and the way he has put for every expression of Gatsby, I felt that the man truly understood Gatsby's character from all its depths. He definitely was the hero for me in this movie. The movie didn't have some of my most favourite quotes from the book, and had instead some of its own beautifully written dialogues. It has depicted Gatsby in all his grandeur, the parties, his mansion, his love, for Daisy and for the past and the future even, Nick's innocence everything to perfection. Its one of those movies you are glad you finally watched.
At the end of it I couldn't help but feel disgusted over how some people get away with the lies and the cheat and the outrageous things that they have done. And this is something that you very often see in real life as well, that there are certain people, who do all shit in their life, towards others, and get away with it just as easily. It is just not fair, and there aren't many people who would stand up to them, thereby pushing them to do such things even more. It leads me to realize that the world is filled with such people and you can only do your bit to change it by not siding with such people and being an example to the others. Sometimes people just need to see to change, they need to see and know that such people also exist, this will help them take a different stand too.
Written on - 1-7-2015
The book, I remember, had a great effect on me. Some of the quotes were so extraordinary that they have stuck with me years after I have finished reading the book. The opening line which says, "Remember, not everyone has had the advantage that you have had" has helped me in many a occasions and has kind of shaped a huge part of me single-handedly. I always get back to that quote. Even what he says about how even Daisy cannot quench what a man can store up in his ghostly heart, the quote on the green light at her dock, many such were really impressive for me, and it made my list as one of my most favourite books. And we are all very possessive about our books, especially when someone has set out to make a movie of it. Take for example Harry Potter series, when I look back now, the movies aren't half as bad as I had criticized it when they were out. Of course yes, there are still some parts that you are unhappy with, but honestly, you do tend to get over critical about the movies. At least I do, especially about the ones adapted from my favourite books. I still prefer books over movies, preferring to read the book before I watch the movie as much as I can.
This movie, got me hooked right from the beginning. It was the direction I think. The director has really made a wonderful movie, brimming with imagination. The characterization is also exceptional. Leonardo DiCaprio fit the role perfectly, I couldn't have asked for a better Gatsby, and the way he has put for every expression of Gatsby, I felt that the man truly understood Gatsby's character from all its depths. He definitely was the hero for me in this movie. The movie didn't have some of my most favourite quotes from the book, and had instead some of its own beautifully written dialogues. It has depicted Gatsby in all his grandeur, the parties, his mansion, his love, for Daisy and for the past and the future even, Nick's innocence everything to perfection. Its one of those movies you are glad you finally watched.
At the end of it I couldn't help but feel disgusted over how some people get away with the lies and the cheat and the outrageous things that they have done. And this is something that you very often see in real life as well, that there are certain people, who do all shit in their life, towards others, and get away with it just as easily. It is just not fair, and there aren't many people who would stand up to them, thereby pushing them to do such things even more. It leads me to realize that the world is filled with such people and you can only do your bit to change it by not siding with such people and being an example to the others. Sometimes people just need to see to change, they need to see and know that such people also exist, this will help them take a different stand too.
Written on - 1-7-2015
No comments:
Post a Comment