Maybe now is not the time for relationships anyway. Maybe I need to first work on myself and that all of this is for the best.
There are times when I am able to look beyond the pain and injustice, and those days feel better. I find myself at the precipice, knowing that its all too easy for me to tip into depression at this point. I literally feel all my muscles wanting to simply stop working, my mental and physical energy drained. I only want to laugh. I watch shows that make me laugh, although I can see them being extremely sexist and in contrary to my beliefs. But I want to laugh, and so I watch, hoping that only the neurotransmitters produced by the laugh endures as opposed to the lingering subconscious effects of this sexist bullshit.
There are larger problems in the world right now. That widens your perspective about these things. But sometimes you still lose heart.
There are times when I am able to look beyond the pain and injustice, and those days feel better. I find myself at the precipice, knowing that its all too easy for me to tip into depression at this point. I literally feel all my muscles wanting to simply stop working, my mental and physical energy drained. I only want to laugh. I watch shows that make me laugh, although I can see them being extremely sexist and in contrary to my beliefs. But I want to laugh, and so I watch, hoping that only the neurotransmitters produced by the laugh endures as opposed to the lingering subconscious effects of this sexist bullshit.
There are larger problems in the world right now. That widens your perspective about these things. But sometimes you still lose heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment