Monday, March 3, 2014

Pota Cabin

I felt happy, satisfied, content. Knowing that what I'm doing may make a difference in someone's life, knowing that I can make a life better, even if it is that of one person. The experience was totally unlike what I had imagined it to be. I could've done a lot better that I did, meaning I wasn't really at my best self, but it was still good. The whole experience was so heart touching. The kids, the life, the people. The place. To stay disconnected for an entire week was refreshing, it felt good.
The connection with the kids, and the happiness I felt were exquisite, but sometimes my mind would get drifted to what Ayn Rand says about social service. I don't believe it to be true, but it did keep creeping into my mind. Not at the time that I was there, but once I was back and recollection of those memories. But for now, I won't dwell on that. I will dwell on the possibilities ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment